Berries andPie

baking, cooking, recipes, eating, and obsessing over food

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1 a Penny, 2 a Penny - Hot Cross Buns!

Oh dear, where has this year gone so far? The end of Christmas and the beginning of the new year has been full speed ahead and nothing less than a mad start for me! Well, somehow it's Easter already, and some seasonally appropriate baking seemed the way to go. Hot Cross Buns are the highlight of my husband's year; he adores them, and normal fruit bread just isn't quite the same. With this in mind I decided to make my first real attempt at the sweet fruity buns, and, much to my surprise I might add, they turned out splendidly. I used a recipe from Taste.com.au. While, yes, these were time consuming, they were very easy to make. And there is nothing quite like bread fresh from the oven! I substituted pre-packaged mixed peel with dried apricot, and used the fresh zest 1 lemon and 1 orange. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow they look fantastic! Maybe I will have to give them a go next year!! :D

    ReplyDelete